This is past dated as we are waiting for Internet service.
The last evening before closing our cat whiskers knew something was up. TV on floor and us sitting on card table chairs with an empty house. The last evening in our dream home we built 10 yrs ago which now is too big for just us two.
Day of closing packed up the last few things in Uhal. Whiskers was taken to Uncle Jerry house and tied up outdoors. He quickly saw a gopher and was ready to pounce. We drove to closing, met Paula and tile person, sign the papers and waited for buyers to finish paperwork. We were in separate rooms as we really had no interest in the other realtor. When finished we ran into the buyers, a very young couple and wished them well. Headed back to Jerry’s for cat and Uhal and headed to Marquette.
Whiskers is not a traveling cat, but did pretty well for an hour drive. After getting to condo we put him on the leash and tied him to the front birch tree as he watched us do some unloading. We even had a neighbor come by and help us out a bit talking the whole time.(Larry) We ate a quick bite and we’re off to our closing in Green Lake. We followed our realtor Mary. This went very smoothly. They had water and cookies for a quick snack. Luckily our wired check arrive about 15 minutes before we got there. Mary took us the county route. We returned via some know highways we know. We were able to quickly unload the truck by 4pm. We then headed to Montello to drop it off. What should have been a quick return to the city turned out that we forgot a turn ( probably too tired/stressed) and found ourselves in Amish country. Soon we noticed we were going south instead of north. About 20 miles out of our way. Eventually we got to the place to drop off the truck and took in a fish fry at Rendezvous. It was good as we were hungry. We slept well that might.
Saturday we unloaded the pod and got that finished while I did some unpacking. We were going to microwave some things but found the microwave was not working. This was a new condo, new appliances never used, but just vacant for over 2 1/2 years. We also found several other things in next few days. Electric outlets in kitchen dining area do not work. Water softener does not work. Even one night before seller/owner of condo came by we tried the whirlpool, it also did not work. But the biggest thing in Saturday when I got up my husband said the door to garage did not shut tight that evening. We both were in the garage as he was showing me and soon we found ourselves locked out of the house. I was in my PJ’s no shoes and Dan in shirt and shorts..no shoes. Well there is to be a key to the condo by someone in case of emergency, just did not know who? Owners were out of town. We were given one key, but we tried it the night before and could not get it to open the front door. So we proceeded to wake the neighbors but no luck. Luckily a locksmith from a nearby town agreed to come out to help us. Turns out he also had a time opening the door but did get it open. We decided to have him change the locks and now we keep a spar in the garage/furnace room hidden and duck tape the door to garage unlocked. It could only happen to us.
Sunday we continued our unpacking and decided to go grocery shopping, out for a German buffet and return home. Well about 3 miles from our condo we hit a small doe. Last fall we hit a deer and it caused over $8,000 damage to front of car. This time only minor damage which we will not fix. What else could happen???? Just wait…
Sunday after all the stress of the above sleeping soundly and at 4:30 we heard a blasting sound…carbon monoxide?? Or what. Ignored it and it occurre again. Earlier we had a concern about the furnace as the monitor just went black so no heat or air conditioning. This was probably on our mind. We smelled something funny in living room so went into our car parked outside and called 911. Soon the volunteer fire department was here checking out the house. Our car sure was excited because he was back in the car. Turns out that our smoke detectors one went off and they were all over 10 years old and needed to be replaced. So another expense. Thank goodness they did not have their sirens and red flashing lights to wake up the neighbors. We certainly would be the talk of the community.
We have met many of our neighbors, attended the condo association meeting ( nobody seemed to know about the fire department visit), and the seller/ builder came by to inspect the various issues. So lucky that they are going to replace the microwave and have the electrical issues addressed.
We have attend two local church’s, one is in the running to be our new church. Our oldest daughter came by for one evening. We got Dish installed, had the TV mounted above on the fireplace, we have Internet and have most things in their new place. Garage went from totally packed, to 1/4 packed. I have even got back to quilting and have caught up on my 365 blocks. New up will be to start hand quilting Allietarecherith. Outlets for sewing machine not working.
This past Tuesday we got the kayak out and did half the length of Packaway Lake. We also survived 4 inches of rain in one evening. Today was movie date, saw “The Light Between Oceans”, which was very good.
So here is to moving, a new condo and now settling in before our wintering in AZ.
Thanks for reading/stopping by…..will post more quilting.